Sunday, March 3, 2013

Catch Up...Ketchup...Catsup

All my friends have been so kind as to give me reading material lately and I've been slacking! Time to play a game of catch up...

The passing of Mark's dad still has me in shock. I sometimes have to remind myself that it really did happen and my heart hurts for Mark and his family. It was really tough to see my sweet guy suffer. I was glad I could be there to support him and I certainly hope my presence helped him. We made the most of the situation and we were grateful for some time together. I know our wedding will have a different mood now, but we're still looking forward to starting our life together.

Speaking of starting our life...we chose where we're going to live when we get married! It was a lot like an episode of House Hunters. We found 3 places to rent that fell within our budget and chose between them. I'd only seen one place and quite honestly I wasn't impressed with it, but I was willing to work with it. Mark went and toured the other two and we chose one of those places. We're moving about 15 minutes away from the base to an apartment with two bedrooms, a balcony, 2 full bathrooms, washer/dryer, stainless steel appliances, wood floors, and a kitchen with great storage space and a breakfast bar! We're so excited! Hopefully Mark can move in soon...just in time for me to come visit him in a month! I can't wait!

Next week is Trisha's bridal shower and I'm so pumped! It's going to be a busy week getting everything ready! I spent this weekend making some things that are going to rock her world, and I can't wait to see it all come together. My own bridal shower is coming up quickly and I know my lovely ladies have some tricks up their sleeves! I'm such a lucky bride. (Invitations should be out in a few weeks, but in the meantime, save the date! April 13th!)

As far as wedding prep goes, not much has changed except that our invitations arrived and I'm kinda sorta totally in love with them. They are PERFECT! I can't wait to send them out (probably mid April). I also bought the most adorable headbands for my flower girls to wear. I can't believe that we're less than 4 months away from the big day! There's still so much to do, but I honestly don't care because I'm so ready to marry the love of my life!

2 comments:

  1. 2 bedrooms?! perfect! we'll come visit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. By all means, feel free! We're not sure how long we'll be living there, so make plans as soon as you can! I'd love some familiar faces!

    ReplyDelete