Saturday, January 12, 2013

The First Step

Whenever I start to write the first post of a blog, I feel a massive wall go up in my brain and suddenly I have the writing skills of a first grader. I'm starting to think that if I can just write a first post (regardless of how awful it is), the following posts will be easier. So here goes. Please bear with me.

Mark and I are getting married in less than six months, which is starting to blow my mind. I cannot wait to begin my life with this man. I've been so blessed to find someone who loves me unconditionally, puts up with all my crazy ideas and quirks, and never seems to run out of patience with me. He's funny, he's a hard worker, and (many many years in the future) he's going to be an amazing dad. An amazing dad who tells ridiculously corny jokes, which (let's face it) is probably in every dad's job description.

While I'm ecstatic to marry Mark and begin our life together, it also means a huge move for me. A fourteen hour drive from everything I know and love. It's scary and exciting all at the same time. I know Mark will be a great support system for me as I adjust, but I'm moving to a place with no family, no friends and no Meijer.  (Seriously, how can I survive without Meijer?!?!) Ok, mainly I'm just concerned about the whole no family/friends thing. I've heard military wives can get kinda catty and that concerns me. I'm sure I'm bound to make friends eventually, but then knowing my luck, we'll move to another base and I'll have to start all over. Again. I guess that's something I'll have to just tackle when the time comes.

With the wedding only 168 days away, the plans are really starting to come together. I'm ready to work out the tiny details of our big day. I've decided that I love the small details. Big details tend to make me panic (caterer, DJ, flowers, etc.), but I can't wait to design our candy buffet and create chalkboard signs for each type of cupcake, and create our favor boxes. Those things excite me! But I don't want to touch table linens with a 50 foot pole. Can't someone else worry about that for me? I made a list last night of all the things I still need to take care of and it's slightly overwhelming. I can't wait for this wedding to get here so I don't have to worry about it anymore!

Another aspect of our upcoming wedding is my quest to lose some weight and get in shape. I'm really going to try this time! Four years ago I lost 40 pounds, so I know it's doable. I'll admit that at my current weight, I've gained 10 of those pounds back, but 5 of them are from my holiday splurging, so it should be fairly easy to lose...right? Here's hoping. I just don't want to look back at my wedding photos and feel regretful of the way I look. I have the power to look amazing on my wedding day and I'm determined to make that happen. Please stick with me and encourage me on my journey!

Ok, first post: done. Hopefully it wasn't the worst thing ever written. I at least used mostly correct spelling and grammar, so that's a plus. Let's see if I can stick with it!


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You're doing weight watchers? Let me know how it works! I'm attempting to do it myself, but if all else fails, I'll join you!

      Delete